It's Like Magic
Give me any Winston fly rod, from any series, in any model, and I'll enjoy fishing it all day long. They're all good. Give me a Winston WT fly rod, and I'll experience the very essence of fly fishing...each time I cast a line, drift a dry fly, and slip a trout into my net.
Winston's WT rods have a magical touch, and that's why I prefer fishing them wherever I find trout.


Yes, beautiful rods. I have a friend who also fishes a vintage (early graphite) Winston, he even named one of his bird dogs "Winston". Wonderful rods. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWinston is a great name for a bird dog! Back in my youth, I would follow my father while he worked field trials with Delmar Smith. Dad's best bird dog was Belle Starr...we bagged a lot of quail behind Belle's point...
DeleteI remember reading about him in Field and Stream. Small world for sure. I had 2 bird dogs, a Britt and a Yellow lab. So many great hunts, points, flushes and misses and memories. When the Yellow went to that bird field in Heaven, I tried to keep at the game but it just was not the same without the companionship of a bird dog. What I miss the most is the after hunt sessions around the vehicles, we stand around or sit drinking coffee and replaying every point or flush, every moment with the dogs. But another October is coming so one never knows.
DeleteYeah, the celebratory conversions at end of day were special. I hope you have an opportunity to get out for a fall hunt...that would be nice, indeed..
Delete