Is Perfectly Fitting!

 This is about as classy of a kit as I'll get for a fly rod and reel combination. Yeah, some would say a bamboo rod would be more elegant for this reel. However, the iconic TMF rod married to a classic reel model with a long history, well, there is just nothing better! And, these two pieces of gear are period correct too, which is something I like when pairing a reel and rod for a day of fly fishing.

A Winston Perfect 3 1/8" reel locked into my Winston WT TMF fly rod is the pairing I'm talking about. Just in case you're wondering. Winston offered its version of the Perfect Reel, made by Hardy, as a limited edition collection in 1999, and then continued to offer the three reel models separately through 2003. So, I consider this classic reel to be period correct for both the IM6 rod series, and the WT series. And, it is perfectly fitting for Winston's most iconic fly rod, the Tom Morgan Favorite (TMF).

Comments

Popular Posts