Classic - An Enduring Aesthetic

A rod, reel, and fly line made twenty five years ago will still fish as lovingly as ever on my trout streams. The gear accentuates my fly fishing experience for a day of bliss, high in the mountains, where the Leetle Fellers call home waters.

I often refer to a fly rod or reel as being a classic. What is a classic? For me, it is a functioning piece of gear with an enduring aesthetic through time. The gear can be old or new, but must perform and have an aesthetic that looks like a piece of gear from years gone by. 

Below are some random photos of tackle I enjoy fishing on a regular basis, classic gear that gives me much enjoyment on a trout stream:

Comments

  1. Beautiful rods/reels and pics. Well loved and fished. As many say, they don't make them like that anymore. The older gear was made to last by people who loved their craft. Thanks for sharing. Hope all goes well next week. Be well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John, and I absolutely agree with you about the high quality of the older gear. Of note, I actually went in for surgery this week, and was released from the ICU today. The operation went great, but oh man, the recovery has been tough. Glad to be home, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts