Pure Bliss

Sylvia and I had plans to keep the two grandsons for a sleepover and hosting some entertainment for two days. Well, we got a last minute notice that they wouldn't be able to stay with us due to work changes with the parents. So, I thought for about two seconds this morning as to what I would do. Yup, fishing. You're not surprised are you?

I thought it would be a good day for a change of pace regarding where to drift a fly. The gear got thrown into the truck cab, it was full of gas, and I was off for an adventure on a stream I have yet to wade this year. I packed a Winston IM6 8' 4wt classic rod with a Hardy Perfect to romance the stream. Nothing like classic gear when you got the day to play with trout.

The fall colors are just getting started and provided some beautiful distractions from fishing. I loved it with the temps in the seventies and a gentle breeze. The trout must have liked the weather too because they were eager to hit my dry fly. And, there were browns and bows that were surprised to find themselves in the bottom of my net. Could it be better than having a stream all to yourself, beautiful fall weather, and active trout putting the test to your classic fly gear? Nothing I say. Yup, pure bliss.

Gear: Winston IM6 8' 4wt fly rod (1992); Hardy Perfect 3 1/8" fly reel; Rio LightLine WF4F fly line; Simms sling pack; Brodin landing net: Elk Hair Caddis; Parachute Adams dry flies.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts