Seven Feet - Winston WT

I depend on seven foot fly rods for much of my fly fishing. Seriously. If I didn't have short sticks in the quiver, there would be places I couldn't wander into and fish. It's a very versatile rod for those who like to fish the blue lines of high country. And, a seven footer can do much more than fish in tight quarters. I fish them on the open streams too which makes this length of rod very versatile for those day trips where I only want to pack one rod.

So, for mountain streams that wind through open areas and then into a tight canopy of trees, a seven foot rod in 2, 3, or 4 weight line designations work very well. A go anywhere rod, indeed. The seven footers I rely on for fishing my mountain Rios are my Winston WT models: 270; 370; and 470. Photos of these models are in same order below....

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts