Escape

That's about what today amounted to...an escape from a shower tile project. Dang it, home projects are sucky. Fishing is a whole bunch of more fun than scraping off the old and grouting in new tile. I had to get away and emerge myself into the calm of the mountain. Having cold, clear, running water rushing by my legs and feeling the sensation of a fly line go tight, well, that was just what I needed. So, the fishing duffle, rod, and other stuff got loaded into the truck this morning. Oh yeah......

The weather forecast said it would be cloudy all day up on the mountain. Wrong. It was a clear blue sky and bright as can be possible. I didn't see one trout all morning. It was so bright they were all hunkered into the under cuts of the banks and nowhere to be found. So, the morning was all about the trails and enjoying being in the outdoors. Nice.

It always amazes me how fast the sky can fill with clouds. About noon, I looked up and huge cloud cover was forming and cooling down the temperatures. Yup, that's when the trout started peeking their noses out of the cover and going after my dry fly. I would say they even got active around 2:00pm and made the day all worthwhile. I netted a couple of rainbows and the rest of them were brown trout of which no two looked alike...however, with pretty colors usually seen during fall season.

I managed to fish in four areas of the mountain with half of those access sites paying off with trout to the net. A good day, in my view. Sure beats installing and grouting wall tile!!!

Gear: Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod; Trutta Perfetta fly reel; Rio LightLine WF3F; #14 Black Caddis; Simms sling pack; Orvis net.

Music streaming in the truck: Waylon.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts