Longmire Book Series

After finishing the Joe Picket book series, I was looking for something new to read. Yeah, my wife knew that and bought me the first book of the Longmire series....she gave it to me for Father's Day. Nice! This will be a perfect new adventure to engage in, especially since I love fishing at the film location of the Longmire TV series. I've never seen the Longmire TV series, but all my friends talk about how good it is. It looks like I'm going to read the books before I'll ever see the show, since I don't subscribe to Netflix. Hmmm, reading the book series will be that much better, anyway!

Comments

  1. Hi Mike, Years ago as I attempted to drive to the backcountry, I was held up for an hour while the film crew finished shooting a scene by the house. Then, an older police vehicle with a Wyoming sheriff logo on the door passed me in the opposite direction. Made me wonder why he was so far from his jurisdiction. This was long before I knew of the Longmire connection. Now, when I look out on that Grand Valley, I imagine a Wyoming prairie and feel like I’m a character in the series. One more reason to love that enchanted landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great story...and, I can see similarities in landscapes with NM and Wyoming. I've never been able to capture the true vastness and beauty of the Valley in a photo and couldn't in Wyoming either. I would love to get back to Wyoming again for fly fishing...maybe next year.

      Delete
  2. Judy can't wait to see longmire's cabin. When she was there before the back country wasn't open yet. But a ranger took her part way. Now it's not so back country I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to love it. Bring a camp chair for her so she can sit on the cabin's porch and look out over the Grand Valley. It will be fun having you two here...we should get the girls out for dinner one of the nights.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts