Hardy Lightweight Reels - 150th Edition

For many years, I stayed away from certain Hardy reel models, because they didn't have exposed rims I could palm, to finesse drag control. However, an incredible sale came up last year with Hardy's 150th Anniversary Lightweight reels and I took advantage of the low closeout prices for curiosity's sake. Glad I did, because I really like the classic aesthetic design. I didn't get them spooled up with line until this spring. And, I have found they perform perfectly on my home waters, even though I can't palm a rim on them.

I've been fishing a few times with the LRH model this year, and have recently began fishing its sibling, the Featherweight reel model. Getting on a trout stream for a real world test with the Featherweight has been much fun. This iconic reel makes for a light kit and its drag works like a charm on my Leetle Fellers. I have both reels spooled up with Rio LightLine fly lines that work so well on my Winston creek rods. Yeah, I'm pleased with these classic Hardy Lightweight fly reels locked into my light trout Winstons, and I'm sure they will be getting a good workout this summer.

Per Hardy - When we looked through Hardy's history to find the best tackle to commemorate our 150th anniversary, it was quickly agreed that the Lightweight series in the 1970 edition was the correct choice to re-issue. A series that is a true Hardy original, and also price accessible, ensures the broadest participation in our celebration of Hardy. The full range is being reissued with a nickel silver double screw line guide, raised spindle casing, and a collectable leather reel bag. The line guard is marked with an engraved commemorative dating of 1872-2022 and will only be sold through December 2022.

•Celebrating 150 years of the Hardy brand

•The Iconic lightweight series manufactured in bar stock aluminum

•Classic two screw line Guard

•Commemorative engraving

•Supplied in a soft leather reel case

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Simply lovely reels. Great score on your part. While I primarily fish Medalists and Martins, someday I will add a Hardy to the collection. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your reels are timeless...I just love these old classic reel designs like your's and mine.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts