Brews & Fishing

You know, I never really caught on to the craft brewery movement and pretty much have stayed with my standby beers. For those who know me, that would be a Corona or Modelo, and at times a Blue Moon. But, every now then. Sometimes a fishing buddy will bring a cooler of brews with a brand I really like. For example, when Steve, Greg, and I spent a few days in Gila country searching for Gila trout. Greg brought some Voodoo Rangers and it was an instant 'hit' in the camp.

And, when Steve came up from Arizona to fish with me on Rainy Mountain earlier this year, he brought an ale that I really liked...the Blonde Ale from Barrio Brewery in Tucson. Now, that's an ale to my liking. Yeah, when you're in Arizona I would suggest giving it a try. Usual disclaimer: I don't get paid by nobody, no sponsors, just me, and my retirement check. There's one last Blonde Ale in the studio's little fridge...I'm saving it for a special day.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Arizona's oldest craft brew starting out draft only at a college hangout called gentle bens. I'm bringing more barrio blonde in a couple months. I liked the voodoo ranger that greg brought that trip. Both great brews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts