Yeti

So, to be honest, the last few years I have mocked people for spending their money on Yeti coolers...and, I owe them an apology. Why? Umm, well, as I'm sitting here typing this post today, I must come clean and admit I have purchased two of these coolers for my camping adventures. I can't say they are better for the money than my Coleman Xtreme cooler. But they do hold ice for several days and I appreciate that fact when I'm camping for more than one night. So, I have couple of them...one that I purchased last year and one is a recent purchase. I'm thinking the long-term durability with these coolers will justify my investment. Am I going to worry about it? No. I'm just going to go camping this year...with some groceries staying fresh on ice. And, hopefully catch some fish while I'm there. Wherever 'there' is...

You're probably wondering about the colors I chose to buy? I wonder about that too. When I put the Yeti 45 cooler in the cart for purchase, I really liked the green color. It's kind of bright, though. And, it doesn't match any color of camping gear I take on my fishing trips. Yeah, it also looks kind of obnoxious when sitting in the campground. Good news? I will be able to spot it in a late night hour for another, this is the last one, cold brew. Now I'm thinking why in the world did I choose this color??? I suppose I could set it by Rich's tent to distract any curious or hungry bear away from my tent...and, to his (don't worry, I'm just kidding Rich a little).

The Yeti Roadie 24 cooler is a better choice of color that I bought for day trips and one nighters up on Rainy Mountain. The size is perfect for short trips and it has a basket for those food items you want to keep off of the ice. Most importantly, it's tall enough to stand up a bottle of Pellegrino into the ice. Yeah right. Pellegrino. Hah! More likely it will be a cheap bottle of cabernet sauvignon. Or, a sweet white for my wife. You smile. However, there is nothing better than a gourmet meal and a glass of wine while sitting by the fire in the campground. If only I knew how to cook gourmet...hmmm, guess a hot dog and a beer will have to do.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. I have a friend who swears by the yeti insulated mugs. He is a member of NAF. When my mother passed, I inherited several Igloo, Coleman etc coolers. We do not camp as much as we used to so a Yeti is not (yet) in the purchase or wish list. Congrats on your purchases. May they keep your wines cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four days was my longest time out in a campground last year, and the green Yeti kept the ice, no problem. And, so did my Coleman Xtreme cooler.

      You know, John. My Mom passed a couple of years ago as well. It's funny, of all the things I inherited, her kitchen spatulas are what I absolutely love having from her. I use them at home almost each day, and out on camping trips. It's the little things that keep her memories alive...

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting a yeti since I saw your green one. Still can't decide. I think the tall one for wine is pretty nice. The roadie fits in the back of my cab too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should buy one for your trip to New Mexico...don't think, just buy. We'll have some nice lunch breaks on the side of streams while you're here, so it will come in handy:)

      Delete
  3. I’ll be glad to have your cooler right next to my tent as long as there’s cold beer in it! ;) I’m thinking the bears won’t be able to distinguish the green from my black Coleman Xtreme at night, otherwise I’m bear bait! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa...my Coronas have blue caps:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts