Feeling Groovy

Each morning this past week, I've been asking SIRI to play Feeling Groovy...it's been a great song to start my day. And, what's fabulous is the mix of songs during that era that follows. The house feels alive and 'groovy' through the morning with the HomePod speakers streaming the tunes of my youth. Yeah, I know the actual title of the song is the 59th Street Bridge Song by Paul Simon, but like everyone else, I call it Feeling Groovy.

All the mountain streams near me are flowing high and fast now, and that means this dry fly angler is out of luck when it comes to fishing. That's why you've seen so many fly gear posts from me this month. Yeah, it’s going to continue a while longer until the streams settle down enough for this dry fly guy. However, spring is in the air and the house is coming out of its winter mood and beginning to feel, wait for it.............................'Groovy'.

Groovy is a great word and only those who are close to my generation are familiar with the saying, "Feeling  Groovy." Yes, we would actually say it when someone would ask how we were doing back in the day. The phrase is from the hippy days of the sixties, but it may describe best what I expect to feel when casting a dry fly to trout this year. Yeah, I'm going to be fishing some classic fly rods and gear this year and intend to keep my fishing relaxed and my casts in a groove that fits within the peaceful nature of the mountain. I just might on occasion pick a wild flower and stick it in my boonie hat as I work my way up a mountain trail.

Comments

  1. Ah, another from my generation. I too listen to the British Invasion tunes as well as those songs that graced the airways in the 60's and 70's. However, I go one step further as I am a tremendous fan of the big band era of the late 30's and 40's.The vocalist and bands/ musicians of that era are without compare and of course, nearly all of the American standard music was written and recorded in that era as well as the pre rock and roll era of the 50's. It is no wonder that several "rock" singers have done their own standards records. Linda Ronstadt was the first to record standards with eh Nelson Riddle Orchestra. Todays "music"? The jury is out on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on. My wife and I attended a Herb Alpert show a couple of weeks ago. Fabulous show and musicians! He's 89 and still has 'it'....amazing. Today's so-called artist and their music is SAD, indeed. Streaming right now...Joni Mitchell's album, Blue.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts