Some Perfetta Love

The Trutta Perfetta reel may be the best clicker reel I own. And, that says a lot because I have a couple of iconic clickers that are fabulous. Yeah, there is no drag adjustment, but I don't need that on many of the streams I fish. And, the fixed drag happens to be just right for my Leetle Fellers. That's why this reel gets locked into a Winston for many of my fishing trips.

I recently spooled up a Rio LightLine WF4F on a Perfetta in time for spring's first week of fly fishing. This reel will now have some stream time on my 4 weight rods and I'm sure it will become a regular on a couple of classic Winstons. Some may have noticed the 3 weight rods have been paired with a Trutta Perfetta on many of my fishing trips during the last four years...for good reason. It's light, has a great drag, and the classic design fits the aesthetic of my traditional Winston rods.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts