Romancing the Stream

There are probably about as many ways anglers go about fishing a stream as can be imagined.  For me, it's more than fishing and my phrase "romancing the stream" is about as good a way as I can describe my preferred approach to fly fishing. You can see my fishing buddy (Steve) in the above photo on a little Rio...he knows how to romance a stream, for sure. Yeah, to be out in the wilderness, on a mountain side, working my way up a trout stream make for all kinds of a special day. And, I want to savor every moment of the experience, the beauty of the environment, the sound of rushing water, and the breezes across my face. It does feel almost spiritual on some days when I'm fly fishing my home waters.

Spring is in the air! Officially this week, actually. And, that gets me motivated for those fabulous fishing adventures in New Mexico and Colorado this year...to see new places, wade some streams with friends, and bring to the net some spectacular trout, in waters both large and small. Well, yeah, mostly the small streams.

Comments

Popular Posts