Personal Best

After a nice day of fishing on Monday, I thought it would be good to fish another day this week. I contacted my long time fishing buddy (Neal) to see if he was interested in going as well? You know the answer to that question. We started the day up in the crater and I had my best day ever in those streams. I've never caught more trout than I did yesterday. I won't say how many trout I netted. But, trust me. It was a crazy number of trout into the net. Yeah, I'm happy today.

We fished three different areas from the top of the mountain down to the lower streams. The temperatures were in the sixties and the sky was blue making for some very comfortable weather in the sunshine. I think I got all of the vitamin D a body can absorb. Did I say I caught my personal best number of trout on this trip? Haha...

In the late afternoon I spotted two 17" brown trout doing the mating dance in shallow, calm waters over a gravel bed. It was fascinating to watch them being so frisky and all...must have sat there on the bank and watched the ritual for about 20 minutes. 

Gear: Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod; Bauer SST3 fly reel; Winston Energy WF3F line; #12 BlackCaddis and #14 Black Wulff dry flies.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. That's awesome mike. It sounds like you guys had a beautiful day of fishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Sylvia showed me your FB post and it looks like we both had banner fishing on the same day in two different states. Yeah, fall fishing is the best! Hope all is well with you and Judy....

      Delete
  2. Yes how about that. I hadn't been to that reservation stream in a while. I had all the best spots to myself. Nobody there but a couple rv's. Some vehicles started coming in on fri when I was heading home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a stream without the crowd...kind of like the old days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts