Fisknat Nets - Past and Present

For twenty years, Fisknat has made a lot of absolutely beautiful, wooden, landing nets. They were the first company to market wooden frames with rubber nets in all of their models. For catch-and-release guys, the rubber net is the way to go. It's much easier to manipulate a trout for release, without ever having to lay a hand on them. Yep, easier for you and safer for the trout!

When the owner retired, so did the wooden net models...however, the good news is, daughter Shannon now runs the business and is selling carbon fiber landing nets that are impressive, indeed. How do I know? Well, I've been landing trout with their stream net model for a few years now. Yes sir, keeping it in the family with a new generation of ownership and new, high-tech, landing nets.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. I really like that wood frame net. While I know the carbon nets are indestructible, I guess I am too old school. I prefer the wood nets and got too late to the recent Brodin party. I think the net you show here is better looking than the Brodins. Beautiful wood. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! Once in a while, I'll take an old bamboo rod and vintage wooden net to one of my Rios...using gear made from natural resources seems so harmonious in nature, making for a peaceful and satisfying day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts