If I Could...

There usually isn't a week that goes by that I don't have a book I'm reading. Yeah, most of them are related to fly fishing in one way or another, but I always have a book to read. At my age, it's not uncommon to have a 'senior moment' every once in a while, so I read as a form of exercise to keep the mind somewhat functional. Please don't ask my wife if this is helping my brain...

I was going over the list of books I've read over the past few years and had a pleasant thought. What author would I enjoy fishing with the most? It didn't take long to answer my own question. John Voelker. If I could...I would go back in time to the late 40's and fish with John Voelker on his favorite streams. That would be a time before his best selling book, Anatomy Of A Murder. With all of his successes and fame, he was still an approachable and humble man...and, that's why I would want to join him on a trout stream. That would also be in the era of bamboo rods. Fun!

An out-of-print book arrived today for my next read and mental esacape from all the chaos we see in the world. Yep, it's a John Voelker book...well, back then he used a pen name of Robert Traver. I found a first edition book of his Anatomy of a Fisherman, and bought it just because I've enjoyed reading other books of his. And, I'm pretty sure this book will be a pleasant read too.

Comments

Popular Posts