Buckets...Of Rain

Yep, it has definitely been rainy days on top of the mountain the last couple of weeks. One thing I can count on is clouds building around noon and dropping rain in the afternoon. It just works that way. Every year, it seems, when the snow and runoff are over, the rains start to pick up. I guess the trick is to know when to hit a stream on a given day and get in as much fishing as possible before the dark clouds roll over your head.

The boys and I have a day planned next week to fish up high and I hope the weather app makes up its mind on the forecast. For a couple of days, the app said it would be sunny to partly cloudy...and yet today, it's forecasting a 50% chance of thunderstorms. Well, I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if the forecast changes once again, before I reschedule for best day to fish.

I've been driven off the mountain a few times this year by stormy weather, but I'm not complaining. It's always nice for New Mexico to receive some rain...and, it's always beautiful up on the mountain, even when I have to stop fishing after buckets of rain begin to fall. The good news, I'm retired and can go another day (God willing).

Gear: MBR 904 fly rod; Hardy Perfect 3 1/8" fly reel; Rio LightLine WF4F fly line; Black Caddis dry fly.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Buckets of rain already. Rainy mountain is living up to its name. Great pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was only light rain, I would still fish...but after getting caught in electrified air up there a couple of years ago, I'm very cautious.

      Delete
  2. Weather app shows 15% on Thu and a little lower on Fri. So I’m keeping those days open and I’ll be ready to go if Wed is out. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My weather app is forecasting thunderstorms Tuesday thru Friday. Monday is the only decent day...as the forecast stands now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts