Bauer LM Reel

My first Bauer reel that I acquired many years ago has served my fishing adventures quite well...still use it on occasions to this day. It's the reel that made me a Bauer fan.  And, a very nice thing happened just the other day...my fishing buddy and neighbor gifted me his Bauer LM2 fly reel. Yep, a perfect match to my LM1 reel. What does LM stand for? It's the "Little Mac" reel among the M series of reels (see photo below).

This reel series came from the 90's when John Bauer was entering the fly fishing industry with his reel designs. The quality machining in these reels is impressive, indeed. And, the cork drag system is strong enough to stop anything swimming in the New Mexico rivers...all the cork needs is a small touch of lube each season to maintain the drag's performance.

My preference is to use classic looking reels on rods from the same era when possible. Not a hard rule, but it is nice to be aesthetically in concert between rod and reel, in view of the era from which they came.

Comments

Popular Posts