Roaring Rios

We’re seeing the highest stream flows in thirty years. I’ve only lived here for twenty years so I haven’t a clue how long these roaring Rios will last? No doubt, my initial fishing plans and reservations are under water and a new plan is needed. If I only had a crystal ball…a magical one!

Yep, it's going to be all about tailwater fishing in the next several weeks. I've already pulled out the heavier rods and tackle. I'm putting a bag together for the bigger waters and maybe in a couple of weeks, I can head up for a day or two on the Juan. My luck, by the time I can get away...the dam will start releasing water causing the tailwater to be too high for fishing. Oh well, I guess maybe lake fishing will be possible if the Juan is too high. And, if I can't get on a lake...there is always golf!!!

Comments

Popular Posts