All The Time In The World - Gierach

I finished John Gierach's latest book last night. All The Time in the World certainly kept me engaged throughout the book...some great fishing stories. The setting was mostly in his home waters during the 2021 Covid quarantine because, well, John was in 
quarantine like the rest of us. That unfortunate pandemic made for his fabulous fishing stories in the small streams and creeks around John's home as he looked for a way to escape the house. Yep, fly fishing makes for a fun way to social distance and get away from people...and, potential exposures to the virus.

Interestingly, his usual fishing buddies were not included in this book and most of the fishing stories around his home were with Vince...no mentions of Engle, Best, and Clark. I would love to know the background story for why the usual characters were not in the book. Well, that's probably none of my business.

Reading between the lines, it seems John is beginning to feel his age and selecting streams to fish accordingly. That happens as we get into our golden years and I can certainly relate to John's experiences. This is an easy read book and very entertaining...if you pick it up, I think you too will enjoy it. The ending was a surprise for me and not like anything in his previous books....nope, I'm not giving it away:)

Comments

Popular Posts