Second Day of Fishing

Rich and I went to the mountains today for…yeah that’s right, fishing. This is the second day in a row for me with a fly rod and I’m thrilled. There was even less snow on the banks than yesterday and I do believe winter is behind us. YAY!!!!!!

I caught more trout yesterday, but it was still fun playing a tight line with the few I did get into the net today...a couple of wild brown trout and a rainbow trout. Rich got the first catch and it was just a great day to be outdoors in nature. As I'm sitting here typing this post, my body is in a bit of a hurt. Yeah, I need to get into shape. But, for now, it's a doctor's dose of Motrin.

A surprising thing that happened last year is the fact I didn't catch one rainbow trout...it was all browns and cutthroat last year (weird). With some of our streams closed during much of the season last year, I was fishing on mostly brown trout streams. Let's hope this year my usual streams will remain open all year. I'll say this, that 13" rainbow today put up a big fight and a big bend on my 7' 3wt fly rod. It was nice to see a rainbow after a year's absence...even if it was a stocker.

Gear: Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod; VRdesign fly reel; Rio LightLine fly line; Black Caddis dry fly.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts