Solo Stoves

My wife bought me a couple of Solo Stoves as a gift this past Christmas. I had been admiring them from afar for quite a while and how she knew that I had some interest in them, I don't have any idea. She has a way of knowing just the perfect gift for me. I guess that brainy 140 IQ of her's pierces my little noggin and discovers bits of information that I'm shopping about. Yeah, I have to be careful with my thoughts.

She gave them to me with camping in mind, since some of the camping areas I visit don't have camp fire rings. And it came with a carry bag and some accessories too.  I'm thinking the large stove should be nice for that 14 inch cast iron skillet I use when cooking breakfast burritos out on a stream side camp.

When I opened the box, the large Solo Stove was holding a small stove inside it. Awesome! So, the little stove can sit on a table top, for a nice little fire, while having a meal and a glass of wine (more likely Corona) at the campground's picnic table. And the big stove can be circled by camp chairs for some warmth on chilly mornings and evenings. Yeah, my camping adventures are becoming less and less the 'roughing it' kind.

We thought it would be a good idea to give one of the stoves a test run before hauling them to a far away camping site...just to keep surprises to a minimum. I fired up the little stove out back on our deck yesterday. Very nice!!!!

Come on summer....I'm ready for camping and fishing trips!

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. That's a cool set of stoves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been snowing this morning...at this rate the runoff may last forever into the monsoon season. I may have to take up a new hobby:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts