Browns Are Rising

The brown trout came out to play today…and they were going after my dry fly. It was just a beautiful day up on the mountain and I was happy to discover I didn't need a jacket while working the stream. I managed to hook up with several of the Leetle Fellers and was ecstatic that they were finally rising to a dry fly. Yep, spring fishing has started and I am ready for more fishing before the big runoff begins.

The water flow was absolutely perfect for fishing and the clarity was good with just a slight stain from the melting snow. You know, I was worried the big fire last year would stunt the trout population, but that doesn't seem to be the case...thank Goodness!

Gear: Winston WT 7' 2wt fly rod; VRdesign fly reel; Rio LightLine WF3F; Black Caddis dry fly (all day).

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Beautiful little brown. The water does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve...it was a very nice day. It was the one year anniversary of Mom's passing and the time on the water helped with the sadness of losing her. The trout were pretty and rising to dries...I like thinking she helped with that...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts