The Sunday Driver

After sharing my "Go To Rods" in a previous post, I thought it might be good to reveal my "Sunday Driver" that gets some fishing time each year. This rod is special and desirable by the bamboo fans. The boo guys are always are on the lookout for one these going up for sale, and they snatch it up quickly once discovered. I acquired this rod in "as new condition" several years ago and have enjoyed it on some streams where it is either open or easy to wade without risk of taking a fall. Yeah, safe streams, but with fiesty trout that put a bend on this bamboo rod.

When this rod goes fishing, it's kinda like a Sunday cruise in an old classic car that escapes the garage for the day...hence the name, Sunday Driver. For some reason, this rod makes for a very nice, lazy day of fishing. Maybe it's the rhythm an angler gets into with a bamboo rod? I don't know, but it sure instills a relaxing and enjoyable day on a trout stream. The Orvis Seven/Four fly rod...

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. A beautiful rod and pic. I would expect to see one sitting streamside with that fine rod, a pipe in hand and a fine fedora shading the eyes.
    see my post about cane rods in NAFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much...actually, I do have a fedora that has seen water from time to time during the fall fishing season:) There is something special about fishing bamboo rods! I'll go look at your post...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts