Skunked

At 51 degrees along with weather temperatures diving lower for the rest of the month, I decided to go up to the mountain yesterday for some fly fishing. Rich went with me and as we were driving to our fishing stream, I said, "you know, we aren't going to catch anything?" Yeah, I was right...skunked. Just too cold still yet to expect a trout to rise for a dry fly.  Or, maybe I shouldn't have said that to Rich and evoked the 'Laws of Attraction' on us.

This was my first fly fishing day this year. And as I'm writing this, I know the winter hunker downs has caused me to go soft. I am so damn sore from tramping through the snow and boulder hopping yesterday that it's obvious I must start exercising if I want to have good fishing times this spring.

Anyway, it was great to get out of the house and on to a trout stream, even with the trout still holding tight in their hidy holes. Or, was it sharing my negative thoughts to Rich that caused us to get skunked?

Gear: Winston WT 7' 3wt fly rod; Trutta Perfetta fly reel; Rio LightLine WF3F; Black Caddis dry fly.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts