Simms Tributary Pack

This Simms Tributary Pack caught my eye while I was shopping the big outdoor store this week. I've never used a lumbar pack on a trout stream before and was curious if it would be a nice solution in view of fishing lighter, but having enough room for some essentials on the stream. By essentials, I mean a place for a water bottle, fly box, floatant, and a couple spools of tippet. And, I think the loop on the top of the pack will work fine to slide a little brookie net into it for easy carry.

First blush, it seems to offer ample storage, can carry it as a lumbar waist pack or over the shoulder as a sling pack. I tried it on at Cabelas and it's very comfortable, so I though it was worth a try for this year. The kids gave me a Cabelas Gift Card and this is about as good of a way to redeem it for some fly fishing gear that I can think of...thank you kiddos!!!

Some features of the Simms Tributary Pack are:

  • Polyester fabric with polyurethane coating is rugged and dependable.
  • Main compartment with stretch mesh internal pocket is accessed via U-shaped zipper.
  • Additional accessory pocket accessed via zipper on face of pack.
  • Loop field for fly/lure drying and storage.
  • Built in hypalon tool dock and daisy chain webbing for accessory attachment.
  • Adjustable waistbelt allows pack to be worn lumbar style or over-the-shoulder "bandolier" style.
Yep, I'm loading it up now as we speak, and hoping sometime in February a decently warm day will accommodate me for a test run on a trout stream. Maybe I can wake up a trout too...

Comments

Popular Posts