My Top 5 Books To Read

I  enjoy reading a good book and don't go through a day without reading a few pages or a chapter or two. And when I finish a really good book, well, I start looking for another one to read. Most of my books are digital and are downloaded from the Apple store, so it's easy to find a another book once I finish one. And, sometimes, though rare, I will buy a hardback book of one I finished reading...if it's a really good one and I'll want to read it again at some point in the future. I do like to keep a few of the really good books I read on an actual bookshelf in my office.

So, I got to thinking the other day about which books are my favorite (so far). It's hard to pinpoint which ones I like best, but I came up with my top five:

  • The Painter - by Peter Heller
  • Trout Bum - by John Gierach
  • Trout Madness - by John Voelker (Traver)
  • A River Runs Through It - by Norman Maclean
  • Pale Morning Done - by Jeff Hull

Yeah, there's nothing like a novel with fly fishing to keep me glued to the pages. And my favorite of those five books? No doubt about it. The Painter! A novel about an artist who is also a fly fisher, with the setting in New Mexico and Colorado, and a couple of murder scenes thrown into the story line...awesome! I knew every town venue and stream where the author took me and it was like I was right there as the story unfolded. I can't wait until his new book is published this year.

The book I'm currently reading is Home Waters by John Maclean, who is Norman Maclean's son. The book is a fantastic read. I'll add a post on the book in March with a brief review. However, I say with confidence even though I haven't finished the book, this memoir of the Maclean family is must read for those who enjoyed a River Runs Through It.

Comments

Popular Posts