Wading Through Rios

I enjoy the Rios of New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona. Trekking down a stream-side trail and wading through the many freestone waters so close to home is truly what I love to do. The sound of the running water within a secluded wilderness area can be almost overwhelming...because your senses are fully filled with the beauty of it all.

Here in the southern Rocky Mountains, we have very different types of Rios flowing through a wide variety of outdoor environments. Those diverse environments keep it fresh for this fly fisher who likes to find wild trout swimming in those waters. Fly fishing is a nice excuse for me to get outdoors and engage in the spectacular landscapes that my trout streams flow through. And, while I'm a solitary angler at heart, there are five good friends and my brother of which, at least one of whom, is often with me fishing somewhere in this three state region of mine.

We're now into year 2023 and I'm making plans for some fly fishing trips. I'll be spending more time in Colorado this year than I have in the past. There are some particular streams I have missed there and I want to explore and fish them...a sidebar reason being, I have a small writing project that needs some new material for stories to be shared.

Yeah, I love fly fishing the Rios whether they are big or small. However, I'm a small stream guy deep in my soul. And, a dry fly only angler...

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts