Lid Rig Nippers



I purchased these nippers for $20 off retail (good deal) and I'm hoping they will be a good solution for fishing "light" on my streams this year. There are times I like to fish without my sling pack, but never found a way to carry nippers comfortably, without the pack. Put them on a lanyard? Nope, I don't like to carry nippers on a lanyard because they bang around on everything...including me. And, I don't advise putting nippers on a zinger (lost one that way) or in your pant pocket...nippers that close to "private papa" is dangerous.

These nippers are designed with a clip and a magnetic nipper that easily clips to the bill of a ball cap, or in my case, on the band of my boonie hat (see photo below). I can also clip it to the strap of my sling pack when desired. Truly a versatile tool in regard to alternative ways of carrying it while fly fishing. Some more features are:

  • These nippers feature an innovative magnetic design and a spring-loaded nipping action without any actual springs. They should last longer with this simple design.
  • The magnetic clip comes with a diamond-coated sharpening tool. Easy to keep the nippers razor-sharp for fast, clean cuts. And one of my favorite features...it has a built-in bottle opener and hook-sharpening groove. Yeah, I really like that bottle opener feature...I sometimes find a longneck bottle of beer chilling in the stream:)
  • A built-in hook eyelet poker is easy to access with all different sizes of flies, yet safely recessed into the side of the nippers.
Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts