Camping

I've been gradually picking up some camping gear through the winter in ready for a new season of camping and fishing. Not major things, just small gear that will make the outdoor experience a little more enjoyable.

How I pack for camping depends on length of stay and how many people will be with me in the campground. Take cook stoves for instance. If it's a group of friends or family (3+), I usually take my two burner stove with stand. If it's just a couple of us camping, I'll take my large output 1-burner stove. And if it's just me for a one night stay over, I take my little Coleman one burner stove or just a small propane grill. Yep, the more people in the camp, the more fire power needed for preparing meals.

For most trips, I will sleep in my truck camper on a cot and 4" foam pad. It's comfortable sleeping and allows me to sit on the side of it, with my feet on the floor, and change clothes. I used to just sleep on a pad and sleeping bag right on the truck bed floor, but that was hard to get up and down and changing clothes (I'm a youthful 72). The cot makes the camper quite nice, comfortable, and cozy. One night stay overs on the side of a trout stream is pretty easy with the truck camper. And, there really isn't much packing involved to get ready for a two day fishing trip.

The only times I don't sleep in the truck camper is when I have family joining me for the trip. Then, I'll pitch the pop-up tent that Sylvia bought for me last year...it is so much better than the dome tent I've been using for the past 12 years. This pop-up tent is awesome and because it's a wall tent, plenty of room to stand up and move around. The tent also has built in lights and a bluetooth sound system...yeah, a bit of luxury when tent camping in the outdoors:)

I suspect as time goes on, I'll start renting cabins instead of tent camping...and even today I do that from time to time. But for the moment, I'm still enjoying "ruffing" it as often as I can. This year should be good for several camping adventures...

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Thanks for the article. I do much the same. Please share the manufacturer of the pop up cabin tent. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it's an Ozark Trail 13x9 pop-up tent from Walmart. The built in LED lights and wi-fi speaker are nice. Two room tent with optional divider and doors on opposite sides of the tent for private entry into each room. Set up and take down is much easier than my old tent. We were in an overnight wind storm in Colorado and it held, no problem.

      Delete
    2. Thanks much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts