Favorite Book - 2022

My favorite book this year was Trout Magic by John Voelker. It's actually the second time I've read it, but still enjoyed it as much as the first time. I read quite a few books each year, although nothing close to what my wife reads. I guess I'm just a regular fishing guy who likes to read a fly fishing book every now and then. However, my wife is a ferocious reader of all genre...maybe some day she'll read a fly fishing book. Um, that probably won't happen.

I really enjoy Voelker's style and his stories of life in an era that was so much more authentic than in today's shallow world (my judgement). He gave up a successful career in law and as a supreme court justice to focus on writing these incredible books of fly fishing adventures. He also wrote some famous murder mystery novels in which one was made into an award winning movie. But it's the fly fishing books I like from Voelker...I wish he had written more. So, I must re-read them to go back to that time when things were more simple and genuine.

NOTE: Peter Heller and John Gierach will both be releasing new books in 2023 on or around the month of March. They are two writers at the top of my list to have on the book shelf...an enjoyable read, always. I'm looking forward to their new books hitting the book stores this coming year...

Comments

Popular Posts