Trip Plans

Well, the good news is that today I tested negative for Covid. Sylvia tested negative a few days ago and now we're both free of this awful virus. Quarantined for all of November...crap. I'm so tired of hunkering down in this house that I'm ready to go out to start the truck and just ride around with the radio blasting away. Which now that I'm feeling good, I'm in the mood to make plans for some road trips to trout streams next year.

There is one particular stream that has been closed for three years while G&F has been eradicating evasive species from the stream and all of its tributaries. Who knows why it took them this long??? I do plan to make up for loss fishing time there and spend some extra time camping and fishing that particular area next summer. Actually, I plan to do more camping next year throughout the state since many of the campgrounds I enjoy have been closed for much of this year. Yep, I'm going make up for loss time and soak up the outdoors next year...

At least once next summer, I will go on one of my gypsy road trips. I call it that because I pack light, live in the back of the truck camper, and hit a different trout stream and campsite each day for about 3 or 4 days. It's one of my solitary trips that I love to take...and because what I do each day is on a whim, there are fun surprises through the week. It's the kind of outdoor adventure that makes you feel alive and is good for the soul...for me, anyway.

So, I have the calendar out on my desk...and the trip planning has begun. Come on 2023!!!!

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. I'm glad that covid bug is out of the way for you. I sure hope the weather is better next year in az and nm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! Yeah, I'm looking forward to 2023 and more time on the water than what I was able to do this year. After the last 3 years with Covid pandemic, we're due for a nice break and some fun!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts