Peace on the Mountain

I busted out today after a few weeks of quarantine...it felt so good to get out of the house and up on the mountain rios today. I knew the fishing would not be good, but went for the peace and relaxation on the mountain trails, up on Rainy Mountain.

With the temps in the low fifties and remnants of snow on the ground, the water was frigid, and the trout were hunkered down tight. I did manage to find one trout that would rise and thrash at my dry fly, but she never took the hook. I think she was flirting with me...I'm sure I saw her smirking at me as she was coming up for the fly. I'll be back for her next spring.

Regardless of no tight line moments, it was fabulous being outdoors with a rushing stream. When I'm in the wilderness, it's always a healing intervention for me...

Gear: Winston WT 7' 3wt rod; Bauer SST3 reel; Rio LightLine WF3F line; Black Royal Wulff dry fly.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts