Drawing To a Perfect Pair - Winston WT 8' 6" 4wt and WT 7' 3wt

When I leave the house to spend a day on home waters, I usually take a pair of fly rods...in event the stream conditions change or for when I move to another stream. And, when deciding which rods to pack for the day, I like to "draw" out a pair with similar personalities and action (mostly).

There is one particular campground that I like to reserve for fishing in northern New Mexico. It is located in a central place to some nice trout waters. And, a 3wt and 4wt rod will handle the trout streams that I love to fish there. Basically, I need a short rod for the little Rio and a longer rod for the larger, open stream environments.

So, these two rods work quite nicely in this area of our state...an 8'6" 4wt Winston WT fly rod; and a 7' 3wt Winston WT rod. Actually, these two fly rods are a perfect fit for many streams in northern New Mexico.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts