Two Days - Rainy Mountain

Anytime I am on Rainy Mountain for fishing, I'm thankful. This past week I was able to get up there for two days during this special time of year for fly fishers. Yes, it's autumn and that means getting on streams where the wild browns roam.

The first day I was on the mountain for some solitary fishing. That's what introverts do. They find ways to get away by themselves for some quiet time on the trout streams. It's nice to be in the moment with the sounds of the forest and running water...I can hear every snap of grass and twigs as I walk the stream side trails. And the wind through the tree tops of those ponderosa pines at times sound like the waves rolling onto the beach. It's just invigorating to be there.

The second day, I went up with Rich and we hit a couple of streams looking for those fiesty leetle fellers. Like my first day, we were into a lot of trout and netted many. Both days I stopped counting netted trout after I hit a dozen catches. Rich had a great day too. Did I mention how beautiful the day was?

Yeah, this is my favorite month for fly fishing and I'm going to savor every trip to a trout stream this month. I haven't seen any spawning activity as of yet, but it will start soon. I know the stream where it's easy to see the spawning beds and circling tails of trout doing their thing.

Gear: Scott 7'7" 3wt rod; Galvan Brookie reel; Rio Perception WF3F line: #16 Tan Caddis and #16 Stimulator dry flies.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts