Drawing to a Perfect Pair - Sage X and Little ONE

When I leave the house to spend a day on home waters, I usually take a pair of fly rods...in event the stream conditions change or for when I move to another stream. And, when deciding which rods to pack for the day, I like to "draw" out a pair with similar personalities and action (mostly).

These two rods really make for a great pair to take when fishing multiple small streams. The 7'6" and 8'2" lengths are a great fit for most small streams in New Mexico, and being 3wt and 4wt rods, they just synch up very nicely. Sage rods are fast action rods and can throw some line with distance if there is a situation needing that in the more open type streams of New Mexico.

Sage Little ONE 8'2" 4wt - I say this is the best 4wt rod model that Sage has designed (my opinion). The action is not as stiff feeling like many rods that come from Sage and is fabulous for dry fly fishing.

Sage X 7' 6" 3wt - The shorter length and 3wt line fits into most fishing environments I find on Rainy Mountain. It's the most powerful 3wt rod I own and can handle some good sized trout.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts