Elmer Fudd Fishing

The rubber boots get a little dusty on those forest roads and so I have to hose them down from time to time. One of my best buys in terms of good use.

Yeah, for some reason, I feel like Elmer Fudd as I fish in my knee-high rubber boots. Guess you have to be a certain age to know who Elmer is but, I'm sure some readers will have seen those cartoons in their formative years. I watched Elmer and Bugs Bunny cartoons on a black and white TV (no color TV) as a kid.

Usually, I only wear these boots during autumn fishing because of low water levels. And, it's just so darn convenient to pull up to a stream and slip on the boots versus the ordeal of changing into hip waders and wading boots. The rubber boots make a day of fishing so much easier...one of the many reasons I like autumn. All I have to say, as I get older, the less crap I like to take to the stream. Keep it simple and light. 

I didn't see any Wabbits on this trip but, I did play with quite a few Leetle Brown Fellers.

Gear: Orvis Seven/Four bamboo rod; Bauer SST4 fly reel; Rio LightLine WF4F fly line; Secret dry fly all day long.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts