A Lazy Day - With Wild Trout

Walking a stream-side trail. Rio is running along the side about 30 feet below me. I come up to a window, within the foliage, with my first view of running water.  Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh. Were those little torpedos shooting across the stream, my trout? They were so fast, I almost didn't recognize them. Yeah, doesn't make sense to climb down and drop a fly in the water. They already spotted me. Dang! I'll move on upstream...but, be more stealthy.

That was pretty much my day. But not all of them saw me coming. I sneaked up on a few trout and fooled them...haha. Mostly, I wandered on the mountain trails enjoying the outdoors and the clean air at high altitude. Just a lazy day...and, so relaxing. I needed it....

Gear: Winston WT 7' 4wt rod; Tibor Spring Creek reel; Orvis Wonderline WF4F fly line; Parachute Adams dry fly (all day long).

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts