Rainy Mountain

This year, it is all about the rain. And, I've decided to rename the mountain that holds my home trout streams to Rainy Mountain. It has rained all summer long and Rainy Mountain has my favorite streams closed...and, the few streams that are open, are all jacked up with runoff and not worth tossing a dry fly into them. This is the worst fishing year I've seen since moving here twenty years ago...*#@%!^%#$*%

If the rains don't stop soon, I'm going to have to rename this blog the Rainy Day Weather Blog...all I've been doing is reporting on how much rain we've been getting and not able to fish in any decent stream flows. Yeah, and before the rains it was all about forest fires. I think I'm going to need another glass of wine before this post becomes a bitch session. Too late...it's bitchy. I mean for crying out loud, we live in a freaking desert!!!!

I went up and checked out the streams yesterday, while Sylvia was volunteering at the zoo. I rigged up a rod and drifted a fly for about 30 minutes. Yep, a big thunder clap overhead and a downpour hit. Disappointed again. Truth be known, I must say that it was beautiful driving through the winding roads with the rain and the clouds wisping through the mountain sides. Oh well, at least it's green and lush up on Rainy Mountain.

Gear: Scott GS 773 fly rod; Galvan Brookie 2/3 reel; Rio Perception WF3F line; Adams Parachute dry fly.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Looks like the rain is taking a break finally. Could be an awesome, late season on Rainy Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up Ivan's fishing report yesterday...he pretty much said all streams in northern nm are running high and muddy. Like you said, if we're at the end of monsoons, we should start having stream fishing again soon. I sure hope so.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts