Muddy Waters

Yeah, being a dry fly angler sometimes isn't easy. Especially when the rivers are up and muddy due to overnight rainfall. That's what my grandson and I found when we went up on the mountain yesterday to get in some fly fishing. I knew the chances of waters being clear enough to fish were slim to none, but he wanted to go anyway....he's nine years old so we're going, for his eyes, to confirm the lousy fishing conditions.

What does a nine year old do when the trout are nowhere to be seen? Play. Romp around. Snack on everything we packed. And, skip rocks. I love this kid. He really is good kiddo and I'll take him anywhere he wants to go. He loves the outdoors and I like to take him into the national forest as much as I can.

As Kyan was playing on the trail by the stream, I was thinking this surely is the longest monsoon season I've seen since moving here twenty years ago. Pretty sure that's the case with everyone saying the fishing will not be any good until September rolls around. Oh well. Looks as though that will give me time to focus on other things...dang it!

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts