A Good Find

I was exploring the internet a few weeks ago and came across a post selling a new old stock spool for a Tibor Spring Creek fly reel. It was priced at a steal and came in dark green that would match my green Spring Creek reel, so I snatched it up. It was what I would call a good buy. (CODE K)

Tibor discontinued the Tibor Light line of reels a few years ago and very seldom do they appear on the usual sites that sell fly fishing gear. When they do come up for sale, well, they can be quite pricey. I am still amazed that Tibor is no longer offering a line of reels for freshwater trout anglers (creek fishing). It looks as though they made a business decision to focus on what they do so well...manufacture salt specific fly reels. I can't really argue against that business strategy.

Truth be told, I don't really need an adjustable drag on my reels for most small streams that I wade for trout...but, a drag does help in some instances when handling the unexpected large, fiesty trout on a 7x tippet. The drag on this reel is superb and the soft click on retrieve sounds like a kitten purring.

Comments

Popular Posts