Mike's Rio

The news of the forest being opened to public again is wonderful. And, I'm looking forward to regular visits to my favorite little mountain Rio. I think getting back to that feeling of having normal activities each week will be nice, for sure. Not that I have a need for routine or feel comfortable being in a rut, but there is one particular Rio that I enjoy fishing on a regular basis. I like to think of it as my stream. So yeah, I'm excited about having access to all my familiar trout streams again, being able to wade into them, and fish for my "leetle wild trout" that are so beautiful. 

And, it's looking like the rest of summer is going to be pretty good for fly fishing due to the monsoon rains helping the water flows. Below are some photos of that favorite place of mine through the past years. My kind of environment to fly fish, for sure!

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

  1. Beautiful home waters. They're welcoming you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, there are still some streams and areas closed up there. Now due to potential flash floods due to the monsoons. US Forest Service has management problem, in my view.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts