Wild Fires - Wild Trout

The morning was nice, so I decided at the last minute to go up today and fish for a few hours. Dang, I almost didn't find a place to fish. The parking areas along the streams were roped off and closed due to the wild fires. Fortunately, I found a wide spot on the road's shoulder to park and went into an area I have never fished before. Lucky me, I got into some tight line action with a couple of 10" wild brown trout and had a really good time working the stream. Despite the fires, this area was safe and just a beautiful spot to fish. The fire was directly over the top of the mountain from me, on the other side...so I felt safe enough.

Gear: Winston WT 7' 2wt fly rod; VRdesign fly reel; and, a magic dry fly....

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Way to find those fish and parking spot. I hope the fire doesn't close the entire area down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve...my plans for fishing this year are all deleted now due to the fires. I'm now trying to figure out what's the best fly fishing scenarios going forward? I'm hoping fire crews make enough progress this week to keep the state from closing all the parks and open access areas...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts