Winston 3wt Rods

Well, if you fished the streams I wade into, you would have a bunch of 3wt rods too. The small streams and creeks on my regular rotation are best fished with light weight fly rods and a 3wt rod works pretty darn good in these environments.

Through fly fishing history, Winston has made amazing trout rods and their 3wt fly rods were always a sweet spot in the model lineup. During the IM6 years, you had a choice of seven 3wt models to fit your respective trout environment for fly fishing. We don't see that many choices in today's market from manufacturers...we're lucky to see two options for 3wt rods within any rod series they are building. Including Winston, I might add.

Tom Morgan loved fishing small streams and it was his leadership that was responsible for so many 3wt rod models, designed for small stream anglers, during his reign and the IM6/WT years of production. The rod models and the options available during those years were impressive, indeed! We also had numerous reel seat and grip options to choose for any rod model. Ah, those were the days!!!

Below are Winston 3wt rods in pictures that I enjoy rigging up for my fishing adventures each year. Yeah, I do have 3wt rods from other brands. However, I have totally given up and conceded that Winstons work the best for me in my home waters. So, I just grab one and go fishing now....knowing it is the right rod for a given stream. Which one is my favorite? I've given up on that and decided it's the one I happen to be fishing with on a beautiful day in the mountains....dancing with trout.

Winston Retro Glass 6'6" 3wt Fly Rod

Winston BIIt 7'6" 3wt Fly Rod

Winston WT 7' 3wt Fly Rod (2)

Winton IM6 7'6" 3wt Fly Rod (3-piece)

Winston LT-5 8'3" 3wt Fly Rod

Winston IM6 7'6" 3wt (2-piece)

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts