New Mexico Spring - 2022

Oh yeah, it is spring in New Mexico and becoming more and more green in the Bosque and Rio Grande River that runs below our house in Albuquerque. I feel so lucky to have this view from our windows and upper deck as we look across the valley floor with the Sandia Peak in the back ground. I took the photo above as I was having my morning coffee.

So far this year, I've been able to get out a few times for fly fishing, but limited mostly to a couple of streams at the lower altitudes on the mountain. And, a couple of days ago, I drove over to the west side of the mountain to check out the stream flows over there to discover that runoff is looking to be at peak flows. It has always been interesting to me on how different the drainage and post winter runoffs can be on the opposite sides of the mountain range.

Soon, all the streams in northern New Mexico will be at ideal flows for fly fishing. I'm just now starting to plan out the fishing trips for the next few months for both solitary and group fishing adventures. After such a tragic start to the year, I'm looking forward to these trips to lighten the soul and experience the beauty of nature in New Mexico.

Below are some random photos of fishing so far this year...well, except for that one photo showing the runoff on the other side of the mountain. Yeah, once I checked that out, I drove over the pass to the other side for some nice fishing.

Click on photos for larger view

Comments

Popular Posts