Orvis Superfine Glass

Latest fly fishing news is that Orvis has discontinued production of the Superfine Glass rod series they launched way back in 2014. That first generation, of glass rods, was built with S2 fiberglass technology and the tapers were spot on for fishing the small streams I call home waters. My 7' 3wt rod is about as good as it gets and it has seen a lot of trout come to the net. And, I must say it's so good that I have no interest in the acquiring the new version of this rod. I hear they will build the new rod series as a four-piece rod versus the three-piece design that was used in the first generation. Yeah, but, I like three-piece rods.

So, I guess it's farewell to the old Superfine Glass rod design...oh well, the world is always changing.

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. That's another classic you have. Great looking rig mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe it's a keeper...used three-piece Superfine rods may just go up in price since they discontinued them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts