Trout Classic Rewind - Jul/2019

Back in July of 2019, I was up on my favorite meadow stream, camping, and fishing with my buddy, Rich, and his son, Dylan. What makes this trip so memorable (besides good company) is that I caught four species of trout on the same stream within three hours of fishing. Dang, that was fun!!!! While the trout were all small, we caught a bunch of them and had a very satisfying day of fishing. Honestly, I was surprised we caught so many trout because the stream flow was the highest I've seen and I usually don't catch much (if any) at those flow levels there. So, yes, I was happy catching anything due to the high stream flow...and yet, they were hitting the dries like they were mad!!!

Fly Gear: My neighbor loaned me his Sage LL 490 fly rod for this trip and it was a blast to fish on this beautiful meadow stream...casted like a dream. That rod split the fishing duty with my Sage Little ONE 482 rod and they were both pretty much perfect for the trip. Fabulous rods on a fabulous stream.

I must say I'm really looking forward to getting back up there for camping and fishing this year...just a great place to spend the week outdoors...

Click on photo for larger view

Comments

  1. Great report rewind mike. I'm heading up there this year for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts