Small Streams

Small streams are my favorite for fly fishing these days. However, I didn't fish small streams when I first started fly fishing in New Mexico...I actually learned to fly fish on the San Juan river using double nymph, indicator rigs and must say I enjoyed it very much. That type of fishing (technical) is rewarding because of the large trout but, for me it takes more work these days to be successful. And heck fire, I'm getting up there in the life cycle. These days I am appreciating all things in it's most simple form. And, that's why I like small stream fishing...the simplicity of floating a dry fly in a tiny mountain stream is enough for me. 

And another reason I like small streams is the beauty of the mountain environment, along with the sounds, and the solitude. I never feel as free as when I'm on a small stream netting some wild trout as I work my up the mountain.

Guess you can tell I am so ready for some spring fishing on home waters!



Comments

Popular Posts