Orvis Trout Net - 14"

These little trout nets are hard to find these days. I picked this 14" Orvis frame (no basket) several years ago, thinking it would be perfect for the little wild trout that I enjoy fishing for in home waters. It was unused when I acquired it and hung on my office wall for years. 

Eventually, I decided to put a catch and release net on it, but no replacement net existed for this small hoop size. That meant I had to cut and splice a rubber basket to fit it...a pain, but the end result was what I hoped for when I bought the frame. The depth of the net is deeper in the front and slopes more shallow towards the handle end that helps with landing larger trout. Well, larger being around a 12" size of fish which is considered a big trout in some of my streams. Just a little beauty, I think...

Size: 14" overall length; hoop is 6" wide and 9 1/2" long.

Click on photo for a larger view

Comments

  1. Nice looking net. That's a great job on the build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really nice on those little creeks...helps to keep the fishing gear small and light.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts