Vintage Wheatley - Of Course

Every now and then I pick up a vintage piece of fly gear...to put back into use on my fishing trips to home waters. They should be used as intended, right? Well, when I saw this Wheatley fly box at a ridiculous low price, I snapped it up. But, probably not for the reason you're thinking. The original box it came in just talked to me, "buy me, buy me." I love this old cardboard Wheatley box:) The bonus, it came with 25 fabulous dry flies. Heck, I couldn't buy half this many dry flies at a fly shop for what I paid for the fly box and flies bundle...a deal, I would say!

The fly box is in fantastic condition and has 16 window compartments for dry flies. And, for a dry fly angler, it is just about perfect. I have a few Wheatley boxes and I find they are hard to beat for storing your trout flies.

I'm going to finish loading this box with flies for a particular stream I have in mind up north...for fishing next year, of course. Dang, it's going to be a long winter...

Click photos for a larger view

Comments

Popular Posts